Bernadette Marie will be awarding a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Author Interview: Bernadette Marie
1. How did you choose your genre? What made you write this book? I love contemporary romance and I knew that it was the genre for me to write in. As for this series, and this book in particular, I wanted to write a romance that dealt with mental health. Throughout the series, I work to normalize mental health and self-care through therapy.
2. Writers write what they know, and must observe the world. Are you a firstborn, middle or last child and how does this shape your view of the world? I am the firstborn and I remember everything from a very young age. They often say trauma causes you to remember things, including the birth of sibling, as that changes your life forever. I’m lucky to watch the world around me and it makes a memorable impression in everything I write because I can remember small details. (Now, I can’t remember why I walked into a room, but details about strangers, those stick with me.)
3. Where is your favorite place to write? I don’t have a favorite place to write. I’m lucky to be able to write anywhere under any circumstance. So, I’m fortunate to have many favorite places to create.
4. How do you feel about killing your darlings, and what do you do with the remains? I write books that only have happily ever after endings. My darlings are safe from being killed. There might be some characters that do not have the same fate, but you will never be there when it happens.
5. You are introduced to your favorite author. Who is it, and what is that one burning question you must ask them? I’ve been very blessed to have met many of the authors that I enjoy reading. But when I think of a favorite, and one that got me reading, that would be Colleen McCullough. Though she past many years ago, I would like to know what made her choose a priest for the love interest of her tragic love story.
6. Inquiring minds want to know…tell readers something about you that no one knows. I could operate a forklift by the time I was seven. You should see a truck driver’s eyes when a ten-year-old girl unloads his cargo.
7. You are stranded on a deserted island with only a backpack for company. What three items are in your survival pack? Water filter bottle, knife, fishing wire
8. If you could have one superpower in your existence, what would it be? I would love to be invisible.
9. Favorite snack? I tend to go toward the honey-roasted peanut jar most often.
10. Indy 500 – Do you know how to get where you’re going or do you drive the speed limit? I’m kind of a rule follower, so speed limit is usually my style.
by Bernadette Marie
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
Craig Turner was Coach Diaz’s star player, back in the day. He was held in high regard, until he broke the rules and dated the coach’s daughter. Young and stupid, his affection for her lasted until graduation, and then it was time to face the real world–but his love for her would never leave him.
Rachel Diaz became who her father wanted her to be, a well-educated, well traveled, successful woman, but she holds a well full of secrets from the outside world. As a high school therapist, she uses her past traumas to help others overcome their own.
When the Fabulous Five arrive at Coach Diaz’s funeral, to pay their respects, a rekindling happens between them all—and between Craig and Rachel.
Is Rachel woman enough to face her demons and is Craig man enough to accept them? Or will their encounter be as brief as the affair they had a decade ago, behind her father’s back?
She stepped to him. “I trusted you. You act all so cool and collected. Perhaps, this will faze you,” she said pushing him back and into the pool.
Suddenly, everything spun out of control. Olivia had been so upset that she hadn’t seen Santa Claus approach Jace carrying a small Christmas tree full of decorations for the hospital in Grand Cayman.
As Jace stumbled back into the pool, he unfortunately carried Santa and the tree with him into the water. The last thing Olivia heard was Santa’s “Ho! Ho! Ho!” turn into “Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” before they both took a splash.
Olivia literally bit her tongue to stop from laughing. This was so not funny, but yet it was hilarious. She, Olivia Chasen, had finally found her fun and excitement. She had a new groove.
And as she looked around and noticed all the phone cameras rolling, and most likely had been the entire time, she delicately took a curtsy as proper as one she’d give Queen Elizabeth herself. Thankfully, watching all those episodes of The Crown had paid off big time.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
Bestselling Author Bernadette Marie is known for building families readers want to be part of. Her series The Keller Family has graced bestseller charts since its release in 2011. Since then she has authored and published over thirty-five books. The married mother of five sons promises romances with a Happily Ever After always…and says she can write it because she lives it.
Obsessed with the art of writing and the business of publishing, chronic entrepreneur Bernadette Marie established her own publishing house, 5 Prince Publishing, in 2011 to bring her own work to market as well as offer an opportunity for fresh voices in fiction to find a home as well.
When not immersed in the writing/publishing world, Bernadette Marie and her husband are shuffling their five hockey-playing boys around town to practices and games as well as running their family business. She is a lover of a good stout craft beer and might have an unhealthy addiction to chocolate.