McKenna Grey & Everly Archard will be awarding $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
- What is Alexa Kyndall like? Alexa Kyndall is strong yet feminine, tough yet vulnerable. She grew up in Alaska with three brothers, so she knows how to handle herself, but like many women, she’s not immune to doubt, fears, and of course, falling in love. She chose her occupation because of events in her past, and those events drove her to become who she is . . . except she realizes that everything she’d worked toward wasn’t what she ultimately wanted. Her discovery of self—sidetracked by a lot of action and an unexpected someone—is an interesting and exciting journey.
- What does Alexa Kyndall do best? What is the perfect location for this action? She’s great at solving puzzles! Of course she’d have to be to gain the success she did with the FBI. She’s a great protector, even when she knows she’s up against the worst of mankind, she’s willing to put herself on the line. We could have set this story in a variety of places, but the mountains of North Carolina turned out to be perfect. Just enough civilization with a backdrop of wilderness in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- What drives Alexa Kyndall to do the things she does? Justice and survival are her two primary motivators in the beginning. When Craig Pierson, ex-Special Forces turned photographer, and a young boy enter the picture, keeping them out of danger drives everything. Good think Craig and her brother don’t let her go at it alone!
- You are introduced to Alexa Kyndall. Is she happy to meet you? Not at first. Alexa is personable in most situations, but she’s focused and driven in her work. At the end of the day she’d rather be with family, a few close friends, or alone. She really is a different person around people she knows well—full of life and humor. She’s drawn out of her “shell” a bit more once she meets Craig, though she’s by no means shy.
- What is Alexa Kyndall’s favorite guilty pleasure? Pleasure . . . Craig Pierson. Guilt? Absolutely not. 🙂
- How would Alexa Kyndall describe herself? She’d hate to have to try! She knows she’s a capable person who is sometimes quick to turn away from people, but at her heart she’s generous and kind. She’s self-aware, but not one to talk about herself.
- What is Alexa Kyndall’s weakness? Family, though she wouldn’t personally consider this a weakness. She’d do anything—ANYTHING—for them (and they would for her), and that knowledge in the wrong hands could certainly be a weakness. She also loves chocolate!
- Where does Alexa Kyndall go to regroup/unwind? Alaska, or just out in nature. Alaska is home and it’s where she most feels whole, but anywhere she can escape will do the trick.
9. What does Alexa Kyndall live for? Family, love, and justice.
10. What will Alexa Kyndall kill for? She wouldn’t set out to kill anyone, but she wouldn’t hesitate if the choice came down to the “other person” and anyone she loves, or anyone who can’t protect themselves.
Alexa Kyndall Answer’s All
1. Give up three of your deepest, darkest secrets. I’m terrified of losing someone else I love. I’ve come close to pulling the trigger when I knew there was a better way. I’m afraid of failure.
- If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be? The ability to read minds, but turn it off whenever I didn’t want to listen. It would have come in handy many times throughout my FBI career.
- A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less? A Profiler in the Darkness
- If money were not an object, where would you most like to live? Alaska. My family is from there, so it might seem boring, but there’s no other place I’ve ever truly called home. Although, a second house in Australia or New Zealand would be pretty cool.
- I can never jump out of a plane because I’m afraid of extreme heights
- The next time I find myself tied up I will remember to ask for softer rope
- Why do I always ignore what I know deep down I want? If I get it, I’m afraid I’ll lose it.
- My favorite flavor is chocolate because it’s chocolate.
- I love my family because I can always be the real me around them.
- How much pain can you take? Why? A lot more than I realized. Whether physically or emotionally, I’ve learned that I can withstand just about anything if it means living another day to be with the people I love.
- Name one thing you must do before you die, and why. Find whoever took away the people I loved most. They have to pay for what they’ve done.
The Dragon’s Staircase
by McKenna Grey & Everly Archard
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense
FBI Agent Alexa Kyndall devoted eight years of her life to the search for justice, showing no mercy to the guilty and depraved. When she joins a special task force to bring down a serial killer, Alexa encounters the most unexpected criminal of her career.
When a child witnesses a brutal slaying, Alexa’s life becomes intertwined with Craig Pierson’s, a man with his own haunting past. They join forces, only to discover they must put everything on the line in a pulse-pounding struggle to protect and survive.
Nestled in a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, The Dragon’s Staircase is an intriguing, nonstop adventure that will keep readers enthralled from start to finish.
“Oh, shut up.”
The alarm beeped until she punched in the code. Alexa dropped her keys into the wooden bowl on the stand by the front door, dropped her handbag over a coat rack peg, and leaned against the closed door until she heard the click. She had seen in Craig’s eyes what must surely have been reflected in her own. The wanting, the need, and the impossibility of any kind of liaison between them. She was a wasted effort in the relationship department, and the sooner they both figured that out the less chance of heartache later.
She noticed the cold for the first time since entering, and this time the shiver through her body wasn’t from Craig. She pulled the pistol she’d slipped into her handbag back at Craig’s house. Jordan would still be out on the wilderness journey, or “trek” as they called them in their family. Why then did she not feel alone in the spacious house set back in the woods and away from anyone who could hear her scream?
“Get a grip, Alexa.” She walked through the lower level, checking every window and door, and did the same upstairs. The coldest of the air emanated from her bedroom and it was in the doorway she stood and surveyed the dark room. Everything was as she left it, except for the envelope propped against her mother’s old jewelry box on the dresser.
Her finger lay loose and ready near the trigger as she walked across the room, moonlight guiding her way. Alexa. The script on the front of the envelope appeared all too familiar and Alexa knew the nightmare had returned, but this time he was real.
Author Bio and Links:
McKenna Grey is the contemporary alter-ego of award-winning historical romance and mystery author MK McClintock. Never one to limit her imagination or ignore possibilities, she decided to venture into the realm of contemporary romantic suspense and thrillers. Visit www.mckennagrey.com to learn more.
McKenna Grey Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/McKenna-Grey/e/B01GQI6X8C
Everly Archard is the pseudonym of award-winning paranormal and fantasy romance author D.D. Miers. Her passion for romance with an edge led her to explore the world of romantic suspense. Visit www.everlyarchard.com to learn more.
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/NJusquo2cUo
Order link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GQ7OPT2
I was literally at the edge of my seat. The suspense level is amazing.” – My Life, One Story at a Time “Dragon’s Staircase is a heart-stopping non-stop, thrilling suspense. A must to read if you love thriller suspense with a romantic touch! Be prepared to go on a roller coaster ride of emotions!” – Nicole Laverdure, Book Reviewer “A well written story and well developed characters . . . give the reader an exciting ride of investigation and the gentleness of a protective loving relationship.” – Lyn Ehley, Book Reviewer