Lisa Caviness will be awarding a $25 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Character Interview – The Heroine, Marissa Nash
1. What is Marissa Nash like? Marissa is an introvert with a strong extroverted streak. She is a team player and enjoys her work as an accountant. She is passionate about ballet and while choosing to forego a possible ballet career she still dances. Marissa is very organized and controlled. She makes lists as a stress reliever and to work through problems. She has a strong, independent streak and although her actions are usually measured she learns there are times when she must take chances.
2. What does Marissa do best? What is the perfect location for this action? Marissa is a ballet dancer. In high school she had been set to audition for Juilliard but a car accident derailed that opportunity and set her goals in a different direction. Although, she chose to go into accounting, she continues to dance. The perfect location to dance is the dance studio she inherited from her prima ballerina grandmother. She also loves her job as an accountant and is a valued team member at her firm.
3. What drives Marissa to do the things she does? Marissa is driven, in part, to do things to make others happy. After she decided not to pursue dance as a career, her grandmother was disappointed resulting in Marissa feeling extremely guilty about letting her down. From that point, Marissa struggles to balance her feelings and desires with those of the people she cares about.
4. You are introduced to Marissa. Is she happy to meet you? Marissa loves to meet new people so she’d be thrilled to meet me.
5. What is Marissa’s favorite guilty pleasure? Marissa is physically fit and adheres to a healthy and active lifestyle. Her guilty pleasure is pizza and cookies.
6. How would Marissa describe herself? Marissa would describe herself as loyal, loving, and goal oriented. She wants to believe the best in people so she has a difficult time when shown otherwise. She enjoys her job and loves being part of a successful team. She also gets a lot of joy out of teaching dance to young children and teenagers. Marissa loves her family, friends, and dog, Halo (he’s a huge Kuvasc breed).
7. What is Marissa’s weakness? She’s a creature of habit and likes things orderly. She usually doesn’t take risks. This weakness is tested in the challenges she faces in Order of Fear.
8. Where does Marissa go to regroup/unwind? When stressed or facing difficult decisions Marissa always heads to the dance studio. Ballet is her therapy!
9. What does Marissa live for? Marissa lives for her family, her dog (Halo), and her craft.
10. What will Marissa kill for? In the beginning of the story Marissa doesn’t believe she’d kill for anyone. When the lives of Justin and his niece (who was tragically drawn into the deadly battle with the evil Vivian Sinclair) Marissa learns she can kill to save those she loves.
More on Marissa Nash
1. Give up three of your deepest, darkest secrets. I don’t usually tell my secrets but between you and I here it goes. a) I love my bossy sister and I’m secretly envious of the way she takes charge. b) I maintain healthy eating habits but there have been a couple of days when I had chocolate chip cookies and a milkshake for breakfast. c) After learning my fiancé cheated on me, I dreaded telling my family I was calling off my wedding because then I’d have to face the fact that I couldn’t sense years ago the relationship wasn’t nourishing for me.
2. If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be? My super power would be the ability to read minds. If only I can get into the minds of others I can learn how to react and be proactive without making lists and agonizing over the best course of action. It would be a very efficient way of interacting with people and knowing whom to trust.
3. A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less? Marissa Nash: An Analytical Bunhead
4. If money were not an object, where would you most like to live? If money were of no concern, I’d live in a various places. I’d go to the Venezuelan hometown of my grandmother. Her death put a hole in my heart and living in her small town would make me feel closer to her again. I’d also live in London and Paris and attend the Ballet as much as possible!
Marissa Nash Fills in the Blanks
1. I can never go back to my condo because of the terrible images of my murdered fiancé’s body.
2. The next time I get engaged I will happily walk down the aisle.
3. Why do I always have to think, why can’t I just do?
4. My favorite flavor is strawberry because I love the flavor and when mixed with whipped cream it’s pink.
5. I love Justin because I feel unparalleled joy when I’m with him.
6. How much pain can you take? Why? I can take a lot of pain. Have you seen my feet? A dancer’s feet aren’t pretty and dancing in pointe shoes is painful sometimes. I’ve also had my share of emotional pain and while it was tough I think I came through with my wits still intact.
7. Name one thing you must do before you die, and why. The one thing I must do before I die is to start a charity for disadvantaged kids who’d like to learn ballet. Dancing has helped me in many ways to cope, work hard to achieve goals, and express myself. I’d love to help other young kids see not only the beauty of ballet but also the various benefits it can deliver.
by Lisa Caviness
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Marissa Nash, part-time ballet dancer and accountant by day, plans to call off her wedding to her philandering fiancé, instead she finds him dead. Dr. Justin Tanner is the best man who harbors buried feelings for Marissa. As they uncover past secrets, throwing them into a deadly battle with an evil organization, they must also come to grips with their growing feelings threatening to leave them both shattered. Order of Fear is a romantic suspense novel.
“We’re taught to compartmentalize. When I’m in surgery, nothing else matters but my skill, my hands, and the patient. When I lose a patient, I’m supposed to handle the situation and move on.” Justin uttered a bitter laugh. “The thing is, you only have so many compartments, so many rooms. It’s easy to lose your way to the one that’s just for you.”
Author Bio and Links:
As a lifelong reader of an eclectic pool of books from mystery/thrillers, science fiction, contemporary romance, and the classics, Lisa Caviness has never been without a book on the nightstand and a long to be read list. Like many writers, she started crafting stories as a child. However as an adult, creativity took a back seat to her career in pharmaceutical and medical device research. In 2013, Lisa decided to get serious about writing and joined Romance Writers of America (Crossroads Romance Writers, Indiana RWA, and Kiss of Death Chapters) and later Sisters in Crime (Speed City Chapter). The education she has received, proved invaluable but more importantly the support from fellow writers has enriched her in thrilling and unexpected ways. Lisa writes romantic suspense.
Social Media Links:
Amazon Author page: hyperurl.co/lqr3zk
Order of Fear Buy Links:
Barnes and Noble: https://www.smarturl.it/OrderofFearBN