Link to Tour Schedule: http://www.masqueradetours.com/2014/05/new-black-orchid-by-abigail-owen-blog.html
Adelaide Jenner feels nothing… she is completely numb inside. Her te’sorthene, her fated love, abandoned her and joined their enemy. On that day her sister turned off all Adelaide’s emotions in order to save her from a heartbreak that could push her over the edge of sanity. But great power wielded without compassion or love can only lead to pain.
Nate Pierce believes Adelaide used her extraordinary powers to deceive him all these years. So he destroyed a relationship he thought to be false and hungers for revenge. Now, Nate serves Maddox. He is unaware that his new leader is using him as a pawn in a bid to enslave all Svatura.
The only hope of finally defeating Maddox is for Adelaide and her sisters to combine their growing powers against him. But the the key to a Svatura’s power is the heart, and Adelaide’s is still missing.
- What is Adelaide like? Adelaide Jenner is the MC of Black Orchid. While she remained fairly constant through the first three books of the series – as the shy, somewhat reserved voice of reason in the family – she goes through major changes in Black Orchid. So it’s hard to describe what she’s like. But I would say she comes out on the other end with a lot more self-confidence. Though she remains as sweet and loyal as every.
- What does Adelaide do best? What is the perfect location for this action? Adelaide’s primary gift is the ability to see relationships. There’s really no location that’s necessary, although sometimes privacy helps depending on what she sees.
- What drives Adelaide to do the things they do? Everything hinges on the fact that her fated love deserted her at the end of book #3. Adelaide’s memory is wiped early on in Black Orchid in order to save her from the pain. So her character development moves from reactionary (just dealing with this new scary world) to proactively trying to better her position.
- You are introduced to Adelaide. Is she happy to meet you? Adelaide is one of those people who is shy – so she doesn’t necessarily enjoy meeting people. But she has a big heart, which makes her happy t
- What is Adelaide’s favorite guilty pleasure? Romance novels. She can’t get enough.
- How would Adelaide describe herself? Adelaide’s lack of memory means that she only knows herself as she was. She’d say she’s the quiet one of the family. That she’s an average girl (even though she’s not) with a wonderful, caring family.
- What is Adelaide’s weakness? Adelaide’s never had an active power, and feels like this puts her family at risk, having to protect her everywhere they go. In Black Orchid, her weakness is her lack of memory. It means she can’t recognize foe from friend.
- Where does Adelaide go to regroup/unwind? They move around a lot as a form of protection, so there’s no one place she can go. Adelaide tends to use alone time in her room, reading, as a means of escape or relaxing.
- What does Adelaide live for? The people she loves. Her family and friends are the most important thing in the world to her.
- What will Adelaide kill for? Same answer. The people she loves. Anyone who ever threatened them would regret it.
Adelaide Jenner Speaks:
- Give up three of your deepest, darkest secrets. I can’t stand Talia – the girl Selene rescued who just woke up. There’s something about her that just doesn’t sit right. And I like everyone.
I don’t share the relationships I can see. I don’t want to influence them.
Beyond that, I’m not much of a secret keeper. Especially with Lila (my sister) and Nate (my boyfriend). I tell them everything.
- If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be? I have the ability to see relationships. But I’ve always wanted a more active power. I think some kind of super strength would be very cool.
- A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less? Oh The Troubles I’ve Seen
- If money were not an object, where would you most like to live? Money’s not the problem. But if I could choose, I’ve always wanted to live in Alaska during the summer and Australia in the winter. I’m a summer girl, so that would keep me in the season all year!
- Name one thing you must do before you die, and why. Finally marry Nate. We met so young, and Svatura live a long time. So we’ve been waiting for ages (almost 100 years).
Fill in the blank:
1. I can never go fishing because I can’t stand seeing those poor little fish on the line.
2. The next time I start high school all over again I will try being in the drama club. I’ve never had enough guts before.
3. Why do I always lose my car keys? I just can’t seem to hold on to those suckers.
4. My favorite flavor is chocolate because I was born in a time when it wasn’t as easy to get. So now I can’t get enough.
5. I love Nate because I am his te’sorthene (fated love).
6. How much blood can you take? None Why? It makes me woozy. My dad’s a healer, and I still can’t handle it. Glad I didn’t inherit that power!
Award-winning author, Abigail Owen was born in Greeley, Colorado and raised in Austin, Texas. She now resides in Northern California with her husband and two adorable children who are the center of her universe.
Abigail grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. A fourth generation graduate of Texas A&M University, she attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by obtaining a degree in English Rhetoric/Technical Writing. However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.