Rose will be awarding a $25 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Interview with Blue Brennan
The main character of The Blue Effect, A Renegade Heroes Novel by Rose Shababy
1) How did it feel when you realized you had “super powers?” I didn’t believe it at first. I figured I was in some f***ed up dream and I kept waiting to wake up. Then I started to realize that I’d felt different for most of my life, like I didn’t quite fit in with everyone else and it was like bam! All of a sudden, I finally knew why. It was kind of scary at first, but mostly it was a relief.
2) If you could go back to the way you were before you had powers, would you? Is that a serious question? Of course I wouldn’t! I didn’t have any kind of life before. There may be some scary sh** that happens now, but everything is different. I’m different. And I like it.
3) Who has inspired you the most in life? I don’t think anyone inspired me until I met Kasey. He’s the kind of person you can’t help but look up to, although sometimes I want to smack him he’s so good.
4) What do you do for fun? I spend a lot of time training and honing my abilities. I have things pretty much under control, but you can always be better, you know? Besides, it’s totally fun. Kasey likes to go watch all those superhero movies, so whenever a new one comes out we’re like first in line. I wouldn’t mind playing cards or even Monopoly once in a while but Kasey and Avery are total f***ing cheaters. I mean, how do you play against someone who can read your mind and see every move you’re going to make? I stopped trying after they massacred me the first couple times.
5) This is a pretty common question (but we think pretty applicable here since you actually have the ability to move through time), if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he came to power, would you? Oh, crap on a cracker… you’re seriously asking me this? I’ve watched enough Star Trek to know that the answer should be no, you’d pollute the time line, blah blah blah. I’m sure Kasey would agree. But truth be told, if I thought I could pull it off, I might do it. The problem is that I’ve never attempted such a huge jump through time. It takes a lot of energy for me to jump even 5 minutes so there’s no way of knowing if I could survive a jump that big. I guess we’ll have to stick with the theoretical answers and say yes, I would kill Hitler if I could.
6) If you had to pick your theme song, what would it be? I totally love that new song Chandelier by Sia. That would have been my anthem before I met Kasey.
7) Follow up question. What about now? What would your theme song be now that you’ve met Kasey? Oh god, you’re going to make me get all sappy and sh**, aren’t you? Crazy Love by Aaron Neville. I could gag on it, it’s so sweet.
8) One final question. Are you excited for your story to be told? I never thought of myself as someone who had a story to tell. And the truth is, this isn’t just my story. It was all of us, Kasey, Avery, Valentina, Esme and Ash. In hero-speak, we saved the day, although no one else will ever really know. Kasey would say that just because no one knows what you did doesn’t mean you’re not a hero. I guess that’s true. I’ve never thought of myself as anything but a rebel but sometimes it doesn’t matter who you think you are. Sometimes you just have to kick ass.
15 thoughts on “Rose Shababy: The Blue Effect”
I enjoyed the character interview.
Thank you Mary! I hope you’ll give the book a chance as well!
Thanks for hosting!
Thanks for hosting 🙂
Thank you so much for hosting today! The post looks amazing!
Thanks for being my guest Rose!
Good luck with this exciting release. 🙂
It was interesting to read a character interview THANKS
Thank you Stacey! I hope you’ll give the book a read!
I like the book covers and reading the interview, Thank you!
Thank you Claudia! I’m so excited about the upcoming release. Blue was such a fun character to write. I hope you’ll want to read more!
I enjoyed the interview.
I’m glad you enjoyed it, Paula. Blue has a way about her that’s hard to not like!
Sounds interesting, I love the cover!
I’m so thrilled everyone is enjoying Blue’s interview. She is so much fun to write! I think she’s the person I wish I could be sometimes. Bold and brash and not afraid to say what she’s thinking. Does anyone else ever feel like that?
Comments are closed.