Lola will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
1. Woohoo! You are a published author. Describe a strong character trait you possess, good or bad, and how it helped you become a published author. Determination, I wrote and submitted to agents and was turned down. It wasn’t until I bought a kindle and discovered the self-published writer, Amanda Hocking and fell in love with her books did I realize that I could publish my books too!
2. Sometimes an author begins writing a story before they are aware of its genre. Did you choose your genre, or did it choose you? No I always know the genre. All of my stories have a bit of romance, even horror. Go figure.
- The plot thickens, or does it? Which one are you, a pantser or a plotter? I am a plotter with pantser tendencies. I know the end before the beginning, so I work backwards outlining, but as I write surprises pop up everywhere.
4. Fear 101: As writers it is our duty to make our characters face their fears. Have you ever included one of your own fears in a storyline? Yes, all the time. I think every character needs flaws and I pepper flaws and/or insecurities because it makes them human and me not needing a therapist. Ha.
5. Fear 102: Yes, deadlines are terrifying. Have you conquered the juggling act between writing and the rest of your life? What do you do when it feels like the balls are dropping all around you? No, I still haven’t figured it out and I add more to my life daily. I blow deadlines, miss birthday parties, and find an excuse to procrastinate, but without the ciaos I wouldn’t be me.
6. Switch positions with one of your main characters in a scene. What is the outcome, disaster or divine intervention? Ha. That’s a funny question. I can think of a scene when my character is riding a motorcycle and I think it would be a complete disaster. I can’t drive a motorcycle and I think I’ll crash all over the place.
7. Where is your favorite place to write? Add that one comfort food that you can’t do without. Surprisingly, at any coffee shop and I usually eat donuts and coffee while I write. I think the combo of sugar and caffeine makes me keep going.
8. Writing inspirations? Music. When I hear a song the words speak to me. I feel myself getting lost in the words and inspired.
9. You are introduced to your favorite author. Who is it, and what is that one burning question you must ask them? I’ve met her. I met H.P. Mallory at an RT convention and I went all fan girl on her be for asking her what’s been her favorite part, and she told me that it was a dream to see her books in Barnes and Noble. I can’t wait for that moment!
- I’ve gone mad – why don’t you come with me? Some people just don’t understand us writers. Name a quirky, writer-thing you do that friends wish you didn’t. I tell them to send me text messages with things that I say when my phone is dead. They always claim they partially wrote my books, but I just laugh.
GENRE: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
The journey of a spellbound woman, her friends, and the men who vie for her affections as she falls headlong into a world of vampires, witches and Greek gods. Who will she choose as her one true love and how many lives will be turned upside down in her quest to fulfill her eternal destiny? Friends become enemies and enemies become deadly as each seek to find the one thing that will bring true fulfillment.
Unbound, Book Two
Hades closed the space between us. “I will return soon, my sweet.” He took my hand, kissing my fingertips, before releasing it. Then the three gods and Dawn disappeared.
Ben and I stood alone in the hallway as I moved closer to him. The lust from our kiss still lingered thick between us.
“Ben . . . I—”
“Shhh.” His finger touched my lips, stopping my rambling. “We have only a short time, and I need to plead my case to you; so let me show, rather than tell you why it should be me you pick for eternity.”
Lola is a fool for a love story, a sucker for a cupcake, and let’s not talk about what she’d do for a Klondike bar. She enjoys long walks on the beach and movies that involve chainsaws. By day she’s the HR Lady and by nightfall she puts on a cape to become a romance writer.
My Blog: http://lolajames-author.blogspot.com
The Fate Series Blog: http://thefateseries.blogspot.com/
The Spellbound Series Blog: http://spellboundseries.blogspot.com/
The Book on sale for $0.99 during the tour
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lola-james
iTunes Books: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/lola-james/id527770676?mt=11