Michael Phillip Cash will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
1. Woohoo! You are a published author. Describe a strong character trait you possess, good or bad, and how it helped you become a published author. Thank you! Nothing in my life is negative. Everything I see and do is surrounded by positivity. I thank the universe everything for all the blessings in my life. That is without a doubt the single reason why I became a published author. Gratitude can take you anywhere you want to go.
2. Sometimes an author begins writing a story before they are aware of its genre. Did you choose your genre, or did it choose you? I have been fascinated with anything paranormal since I was a kid. Anything that has to do with monsters, I’m writing about.
3. The plot thickens, or does it? Which one are you, a pantser or a plotter?Plotter. I cannot put down a word on paper if I do not research my subject exhaustively.
4. Fear 101: As writers it is our duty to make our characters face their fears. Have you ever included one of your own fears in a storyline? Hell yeah. Of course I’m scared of werewolves, vampires and zombies. I plan on putting in some more fears in my upcoming books – sharks and flying.
5. Fear 102: Yes, deadlines are terrifying. Have you conquered the juggling act between writing and the rest of your life? What do you do when it feels like the balls are dropping all around you? I’m a writer. I’ve embraced it. Nothing to be scared about. I have this incredible strength of being very organized, so I can do three things at once and not lose track of anything. When I feel like balls are dropping all around me, I just start dribbling them until they can bounce on their own. There is always a way out of an emergency.
6. Switch positions with one of your main characters in a scene. What is the outcome, disaster or divine intervention? Divine intervention, always.
7. Where is your favorite place to write? Add that one comfort food that you can’t do without. Den, with my laptop. TV on mute in background. RIBEYE WITH BUTTER!
8. Writing inspirations? Anything self-help. Anything Law of Attraction. Anything with a conspiracy theory. Michael Crichton.
9. You are introduced to your favorite author. Who is it, and what is that one burning question you must ask them? How the hell did you think of dinosaurs in a theme park Mr. Crichton?!
10. I’ve gone mad – why don’t you come with me? Some people just don’t understand us writers. Name a quirky, writer-thing you do that friends wish you didn’t. When someone says something I find interesting I email it to myself from my cell phone. They hate that.
by Michael Phillip Cash
GENRE: Ghost/Haunted House/Horror
Julie and Brad Evans are house flippers. They buy low, clean out the old occupants junk, and try to make a profit. Enter Hemmings House on Bedlam Street in scenic Cold Spring Harbor, Long Island. Too good a deal to pass up, but with an ominous secret. The old Victorian Mansion has dwellers that do not want to be dispossessed. As the house reveals its past, will the couple’s marriage survive The Flip?
“I hate this place,” Brad grumbled, as he shoved another piece of crap into the super thick black garbage bag. The basement smelled like shit, and here he was, alone on his birthday and shoveling hundred-year old junk from a dank cellar. This had to be the worst flip they’d ever attempted. He gave the creaky stairs a gimlet-eyed glance and for a nanosecond hated Julie. Really hated her and her cockamamie ideas. Where did that idea of hate come from? he wondered. He loved his wife, didn’t he?
“It has so much charm,” she’d cooed every time they discussed the place. And then, last night, she’d sprung it on him. “Let’s keep it.”
“Over my dead body,” he told the decaying piles of newspaper. Once they finished this job and paid their bills, he had some thinking to do. She picked the homes, went back to her tidy little job in the city, and left him to muck around in the garbage. He couldn’t see himself doing this for the next twenty years, not anymore. Not after this dump. It wasn’t that he was afraid of work, or even plain old elbow grease. There was something about this project that turned him off. From the moment he entered the house, his skin crawled, and he found himself unaccountably angered by Julie and her insistence that they buy this place. It was as though his opinions didn’t count, and she made him feel like a hired hand instead of her partner.
Michael Phillip Cash is an award winning and best-selling author of horror, paranormal, and science fiction novels.
He’s written ten books including the best-selling “Brood X”, “Stillwell”, “The Flip”, “The After House”, “The Hanging Tree”, “Witches Protection Program”, “Pokergeist”, “The History Major” and “Battle for Darracia” series. Michael’s books are on the Amazon best-seller list and have also won numerous awards. Additionally, he is a screenwriter with 14 specs under his belt. Michael resides on the North Shore of Long Island with his wife and children.
“Stillwell: A Haunting on Long Island”, “The Hanging Tree”, and “Schism: The Battle for Darracia” has all been named to Foreward Reviews Book of the Year Awards. His newest book, “The History Major”, has been taking readers and reviewers by storm.
If you’d like more information on Michael Phillip Cash, check out his websites: