Get to know my heroine Layla. She’s taking a few questions in the green room. Fresh from the pages of my new paranormal romance Dark Love Rising.
Interview: Layla, Vampire Goddess
- Layla, what is your greatest fear? That my sister Tamara will accomplish her goal: to create an army of Dark Ones and conquer the world.
- What do you do best? What is the perfect location for this action? I kill Tamara’s newborns. With my maker’s blood, I am stronger than they will ever be. Location? The world.
- What drives you to do the things you do? Long ago, I should have loved, lived a full life and left this earth when it was time. But I was denied my love and my meeting with Anubis, the god of all souls when my maker damned me for all eternity.
- When you are introduced to humans, are you happy to meet them? Your question should be: are they happy to meet me? If they live long enough to consider that thought then, yes, I would say I was happy to meet them. 🙂
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Ahhhh. *sits back in the chair with a slow smile* Quinn. My love.
- How would you describe yourself? I have made myself the protector of the human race. I was once like you, with a heartbeat, with love. It was a beautiful life. Anything that threatens life will perish.
- What is your weakness? My need for blood. It is necessary for me to kill but I choose to kill only those among you who are evil and don’t deserve to live.
- Where do you go to regroup/unwind? Back to the palace in Alexandria – before all of this – when my sister and I were alive. We were the Queen’s handmaidens and we danced. When I play the castanets, I am back there.
- What do you live for? For my Love, Quinn.
- What will you kill for? Always, for Quinn. And for you, my dear fragile humans.
Dark Love Rising is available now on Amazon.